Re: Installing any netCDF under cygwin

Hi Didier

From the linker errors in make_test.log, I conclude that you have generated object files test_get.o, test_put.o and test_write.o with the gfortran compiler, but are now trying to link them with g77. I base this conclusion on the names that appear in the "undefined reference" errors.

First, they all have one trailing underscore, whereas I would expect g77 to have produced object files requiring two trailing underscores. For some background on this, see the Gnu documentation for the "-ff2c" and "-fsecond-underscore" switches here

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.2.0/gfortran/Code-Gen-Options.html#Code-Gen-Options

and note that by default gfortran has "-ff2c" turned off whereas g77 and g95 have it turned on.

Second, there are several references to names like "__gfortran_st_open". These surely suggest gfortran has come into the process somewhere.

I'm afraid I don't know why this has happened. All I can suggest is that you delete everything & restart, setting the FC environment variable to whichever compiler you require. I suggest you try to build the 3.6.2 version as that is known to build out of the box with g77 or gfortran or g95.

--
Mark Hadfield          "Ka puwaha te tai nei, Hoea tahi tatou"
m.hadfield@xxxxxxxxxx