netCDF for c++

Hi list,
I am newbie with netcdf programming in c++ but I have quite an
experience with netcdf for java.

I downloaded the sources of the latest netcdf library (3.6.1)  I
opened up the .net project shipped with them (I am working right now
on an XP box with vc++ .net 2003)  and I build the dll with no
problems.

When I play around with the c code, everything works just fine, but as
soon as I try to use the c++ libraries I get strange compiling errors
(compiler complains about _ncerr missing definition or something like
it).

I dug the mailing and I saw that someone else was experiencing the
same problem but, unfortunately, no solution seemed to be found. I am
sure I am missing something, but before digging deeper into the code I
think it is worth seeing what other people think about this issue.

Thanks a lot,
Simone.

Eng. Simone Giannecchini
President /CEO GeoSolutions