Re: netcdf with fortran-90

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 11:24:31AM -0700, Lindsey, Daniel wrote:

> All,
>
> I'm attempting to compile netcdf-3.6.1 libraries on a Linux machine; my
> ultimate goal is simply to use a Fortran-90 program to read a netcdf
> file.  Following the install instructions, the following steps were
> seemingly successful:
>
> configure (I forced the F90 compiler to be pgf90)
>
> make check
>
> make install
>
> The compile result is: undefined reference to nf90_open
>
> Following some online examples, it appears that I need to add: 'use
> netcdf' at the beginning of the program.  I assume it's looking for
> netcdf.mod (which I found in /netcdf-3.6.1/src/f90), so I copied this to
> my working directory.  But this gives the error:
>
> Incompatable or old module file ./netcdf.mod
>
> Any ideas?  I'm guessing the problem is related to this module file, but
> I don't know what else to try.

Dan,

You are right - you need the netcdf.mod file. A "make install" would
put it into the include directory (which is fine until you need to
segregate the 32-bit and 64-bit versions). Did you check the date on
that .mod file? Was it indeed created during your recent compile?
Did "make check" check the F90 interface?

Kate
--
Kate Hedstr�m       Arctic Region Supercomputing Center
kate@xxxxxxxx       University of Alaska, Fairbanks