Re: hdf4 and netcdf

Warren Turkal a écrit :
Are there any libraries that implement both netcdf and hdf4 library APIs? Or is there a way to make the hdf4 library use the netcdf library I have installed instead of using its own implementation and making conflicting symbols?

wt
Use environment variable CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS
containing -DHAVE_NETCDF

The HDF4 library will still use its own library but you can link
your application with native netcdf library.
Caution: put hdf4 include files in a subdirectory and include
them in C files with '<subdir/include.h>' or do not put them
in the same directory as the one for netcdf.h and make sure
the -I option for netcdf include file is *before* the one for
hdf. Otherwise your application will include the netcdf.h
file from hdf4 (which is improper for the native library)
and not the right one.

Also make sure that ncdump and ncgen you use are
the one provided with the netcdf library not the
hdf4 ones.

Ph.P.