Re: HDF files

Which satellite product, at what locations, for what time period and at what resolution. Depending,w e may be able to provide you the data in netcdf.

-Roy M.

At 3:37 PM -0600 7/24/06, John Caron wrote:
Are these HDF5 or HDF4 files? If the latter, I think you neeed to use the HDF4 (or HDF4-EOS) libraries. If HDF5, The NetCDF-Java library can read some of them, but the netcdf C library cannot, and you will need the HDF5 (or HDF5-EOS) if you need a C library to do so.

Juan Del Rosario wrote:
Hi!
Excuse my poor English but I need your help. I am working with information download from satellites but they are in HDF format since I am new in this, I just recently installed Netcdf, I would like to know if there is a routine in Netcdf that allow me to work with this type of file. I will appreciate any help in this matter.
 Thanks in advance,
 Juan B. Del Rosario
Naos Marine Laboratory
Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute