Re: netxdf, xlf, os x (10.4.5) issue

Hello Roy,

I have been careful with the command names.  The interesting bit for
me is that command in the code is nf90_open (all lowercase) but the
undefined symbol name is ___netcdf_MOD_nf90_open .  That's three
leading underscores, one of which is the fault of nm and the other two
are prepended by xlf when it creates the module code.  (discussed here
http://www.absoft.com/Products/Compilers/Fortran/Macintosh/XLF/xlf/pgs/ug66.htm#HDRHU00902).
 So it seems that xlf creates a wrapper function around the regular
netcdf functions.  If I address the wrapper directly, in my test
fortran program, by calling __netcdf_MOD_nf90_open, ld complains of an
undefined symbol named __netcdf_mod_nf90_open (notice the lowercase
mod).

Needless to say, neither of these approaches has solved the problem.

Thanks for the response,
Ryan