Re: Building netcdf-4-alpha on Mac OS X with xlf

"Jed O. Kaplan" <jed.kaplan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I am attempting to build netcdf-4.0-alpha11 on Mac OS X 10.4 with
> gcc4 and IBM xlf90 Fortran.
>
> I have not managed to get beyond compiling the netCDF-3 interface at
> this point, compilation works fine until the f90 compile, when the
> build halts with this error:
>
> Making all in f90
> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile xlf90 -I../libsrc -I. -g -
> qsuffix=f=f90 -c -o typeSizes.lo typeSizes.f90
> libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
> libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'
>
> I did a bit of googling on this problem and tried to solve it by
> installing the latest libtool (2.1a) and automake (1.9.4) and
> autoconf (2.59), but it didn't seem to help.
>
> Any advice would be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jed Kaplan

Jed,

This is a known limitation of the version of libtool that I used for
the alpha11 release.

If you look at the libtool mailing list (from their website) you will
see this issue discussed, and, I believe, a workaround.

This will be fixed in the alpha13 release...

Thanks,

Ed

--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx