Re: Netcdf and Visual Basic

Elad Salomons a écrit :

Hello all,
I'm a newbie to netcdf but an old timer with VB. I need to read a netcdf file from VB and have searched the Internet for a solution - no luck. I have seen that some people have already asked this question and would like to ask again. If anyone have the source code for VB please let me know.
Thank you in advance,

Elad Salomons
Water Simulation Packages - www.water-simulation.com/wsp/ <http://www.water-simulation.com/wsp/>
FireFlow - Freeware for fire flow calculations
optiGA - Genetic Algorithms ActiveX Control
http://www.optiwater.com

I don't know about VB special features, but as the netcdf library is (or
can be) built as a dll, it should not be very hard to make the interface
in VB. If I remember correctly my poor knowledge of vb, it should look like:

declare function nc_open Lib "netcdf.dll" (ByVal path As String, ByVal
mode as int, ByRef ncidp as int ) as int

and the same kind of declarations for all functions.

--
Philippe Poilbarbe
CLS Space Oceanography Group

mailto:Philippe.Poilbarbe@xxxxxxxxxxxx