[netcdf-porting] MS Windows builds are disabled.

NOTE: The netcdf-porting mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Hi,

The netcdf library used to build fairly trivially on MS Windows, using the mingw port of gcc in the msys shell.

I can build 4.0.1 ok (with some minor hacking of the source), but 4.1.1 fails during the 'make' step because of some problem with my (non-existent ?)TeX utility. Not sure what to do about that, though the mingw mailing list could probably help out - the actual error varies depending upon whether I'm building a 32-bit or 64-bit library.

But attempting to build 4.1.2 doesn't even get past the './configure' step.
First up it croaked because there was no curl library ... so I built and installed curl-7.21.6.
After that, I still can't get configure to succeed:

checking for library containing xdr_void... no
configure: error: Cannot locate library containing xdr functions.

What are these "xdr functions", and how does one make them available on MS Windows ?

I tried googling for "xdr" and "xdr_void" but didn't come up with anything particularly illuminating.

(Note: I don't have any personal need to use the netcdf library .... this post is as much an "fyi" as anything else.)

Cheers,
Rob

  • Search the netcdf-porting archives: