Re: [netcdf-porting] error while installing on AIX5.3

NOTE: The netcdf-porting mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Rajesh J <chithrasala@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Dear Netcdf users,
>
> I have a strange experience while installing netcdf
> please see below. After running the configure script, while I run
> 'make' the following thing happened.
>
> bash-3.2$
> bash-3.2$
> bash-3.2$ pwd
> /gpfs1/home/rajesh/test/netcdf-4.0.1
> bash-3.2$
> bash-3.2$
> bash-3.2$
> bash-3.2$
> bash-3.2$ make
>         make  all-recursive
> Making all in /gpfs1/home/rajesh/test/udunits/udunits-2.1.14
> make: 1254-002 Cannot find a rule to create target all from dependencies.
> Stop.
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.
>

> Stop.
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 2.
>

> Stop.
> bash-3.2$
>
> I am wondering why this happened! Please lend a hint.
>
> Thanks,
> Rajesh

Howdy Rajesh!

Firstly, I urge you to get the 4.1.1-rc2 release now available on the
netCDF home page and try that.

But I think your problem might be cured by running make distclean and
then rerunning configure. If that doesn't work, upgrade to the 4.1.1-rc2
release and see if that works.

Good luck!

Ed

--