[netcdf-java] Upgrading from NetCDF 4.6.15 to 5.5.3 (GRIB2 Table changes)

Hi All,
I'm investigating upgrading the NetCDF library used in one application,
moving from 4.6.15 to 5.5.3.

During the upgrade attempt I have noticed some inconsistencies and missing
functionalities on the GRIB data that I was using in the application. I
think it can be related to some GRIB2 tables that have been modified (so
that some variables changed name) with this change:
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-java/pull/601/

I would like to keep using the previous variable names in that application.
Is there any way to provide a hint, a config param, a pluggable factory or
any kind of resource to let that variable's naming keep using the previous
nomenclature?
Is there any type of support for a similar use case?

Please let me know if you have any hints or suggestions on that topic.

Best Regards,

Daniele