[netcdf-java] [netCdfJava #JSG-106572]: NetCDF-Java release 5.3 and 4.6 (critical bug fix included)

Good morning,

We've just released netCDF-java for both the 5.3 line of development, as well as
the 4.6 line. These releases contain a variety of updates to third-party
libraries, including security updates. They also address a problem in in which
the DiskCache2 class could assign duplicate names to temporary files. While the
circumstances under which the problem occurs are very specific (and rare),
because the possibility of data corruption exists the development team strongly
recommends these upgrades to anyone using netCDF-Java/CDM, especially those
using
the library in a multi-threaded environment. For more information about this
release, including details regarding the DiskCache2 bug, please see our blog
post at https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/tds-version-4-6-15.

Thank you,

Sean