[netcdf-java] NetCDF-Java/CDM and THREDDS Data Server Releases

The Unidata THREDDS Development Team is happy to announce a few different
releases of the netCDF-Java/Common Data Model (CDM) library and THREDDS
Data Server (TDS).

First, version 4.6.14 of both the netCDF-Java library and TDS is now
available. These releases contain a variety of updates to 3rd party
libraries which include security updates as well as a few bug fixes. More
information can be found on the v4.6.14 github release page:

https://github.com/Unidata/thredds/releases/tag/v4.6.14

Version 4.6.14 is a stable release of the TDS, and is a maintenance release
of the netCDF-Java library.

Second, we'd like to announce the availability of netCDF-Java v5.0.0, which
is now the current stable version of netCDF-Java. This is a major release
and includes many bug fixes, enhancements, and a variety of updates to 3rd
party libraries which include security updates. For details, please visit
the 5.0.0 github release page:

https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-java/releases/tag/v5.0.0

Prior to version 5, the netCDF-Java/CDM library and the THREDDS Data Server
(TDS) have been built and released together. Starting with version 5, these
two packages have been decoupled, allowing new features or bug fixes to be
implemented in each package separately, and released independently. The
netCDF-Java code base is now located at
https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-java

Finally, we'd like to announce the availability of TDS v5.0.0-beta7. This
is a beta release of the TDS, and as such, we appreciate any and all
feedback. More information can be found on the v5.0.0-beta7 github release
page:

https://github.com/Unidata/tds/releases/tag/v5.0.0-beta7

Like the change with netCDF-Java post version 5, the TDS codebase now lives
in its own repository, and can be found at https://github.com/Unidata/tds

Downloads for all of the releases above may be found on the github release
pages (links above), from the main Unidata website (
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf-java/index.jsp,
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/tds/index.jsp) , or by using our
Nexus artifacts server in your build system to access netCDF-Java artifacts
(
https://docs.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf-java/5.0/userguide/using_netcdf_java_artifacts.html
).

Cheers,