Re: [netcdf-java] Configure thredds to use local tables with GRIB-2

  • To: Sean Arms <sarms@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] Configure thredds to use local tables with GRIB-2
  • From: John Caron <jcaron1129@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 19:50:16 -0600
Hi all:

Local tables fix the limitations of GRIB-1, but make GRIB-1 not a portable
file format.

For GRIB-2, the correct thing to do is to claim a center / subcenter code,
and then write your GRIB-2 files using your center / subcenter / version
embedded in the GRIB record.

Send us your tables in a standard format and we will add to CDM.

Also publish your tables on your web site, version them correctly, and also
coordinate with the WMO.

John