[netcdf-java] How to project/transform variables on the fly

Hello!

I'm developing an application module which should import a GRIB(2) file, select
a subset of the variables and save them to a NetCDF file.

My problem is that some of the variables use rotated lat/lon. They seem to be
correctly encoded (i.e. the dimensions have the standard_name
"grid_latitude"/"grid_longitude" set and there's a reference variable with
grid_mapping_name, grid_north_pole_latitude and -longitude set correctly), but
I have to convert them to regular lat/lon and I don't know how.

My question now is: given a Variable object with Dimension i,j in rotated
lat/lon, what do I have to do to convert it to regular lat/lon? At this point
in the program I don't care about the actual values.

Thanks in advance!
Nikolas