Re: [netcdf-java] Contribute to the netcdf-java library

  • To: Péricé Robin <perice.robin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] Contribute to the netcdf-java library
  • From: Christian Ward-Garrison <cwardgar@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 09:57:53 -0600
Hi Robin,

Here [1] is how to build and publish the library. Testing is tricky because
many of our tests rely on a large collection of datasets that is not (yet)
publicly available. However, I think we've almost completely isolated those
to the cdm-test and it modules. Testing other modules should work fine. For
example, if you're working on something in the cdm module, run:

./gradlew --info :cdm:test

to run only the tests in cdm. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you any
specific instruction about Eclipse (we use IntelliJ IDEA here), but I'd be
very surprised if Eclipse doesn't have a way to run tests in a Gradle-built
project.

Cheers,
Christian

[1]