[netcdf-java] Troubles having different Time dimension names on different forecasts

Hi List,
I'm dealing with some forecasts of HRRR and I have a couple of questions.
ftp://ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/nccf/nonoperational/com/hrrr/prod

I'm creating a DB and I'm cataloging 2D subslices of a 4D Variable within
tables containing for each variable, the filename, the bbox, the depth and
the time validity for that record.
When more forecasts are available, I will add more entries in the tables.

I have noticed that different forecasts of the same model report different
time dimension names.
As an instance, if you download

hrrr.t01z.wrfsfcf00.grib2
hrrr.t01z.wrfsfcf01.grib2
hrrr.t01z.wrfsfcf02.grib2

you will notice this (I'm reporting a reduced part of info to point out my
question. Please take a look at the colors):

hrrr.t01z.wrfsfcf00.grib2
  dimensions:
    x = 1799;
    y = 1059;
    time = 1;
float Categorical_freezing_rain_surface(time =1, y=1059, x=1799);

hrrr.t01z.wrfsfcf01.grib2
  dimensions:
    x = 1799;
    y = 1059;
    time = 1;
    time1 = 1;
float Categorical_freezing_rain_surface(time =1, y=1059, x=1799);
float
Total_column_integrated_graupel_entire_atmosphere_single_layer_1_Hour_Maximum(
time1=1, y=1059, x=1799);

hrrr.t01z.wrfsfcf02.grib2
  dimensions:
    x = 1799;
    y = 1059;
    time = 1;
    time1 = 2;
    time2 = 1;

float Categorical_freezing_rain_surface(time2=1, y=1059, x=1799);
float
Total_column_integrated_graupel_entire_atmosphere_single_layer_1_Hour_Maximum(
time=1, y=1059, x=1799);
float Total_precipitation_surface_Mixed_intervals_Accumulation(time1=2,
y=1059, x=1799);

As you may notice, the same variables have different time dimension names
across different forecasts (see blue, red, green colors).

Is there any chance to have them using same dimension name across different
datasets?
Any EnhancementSet to be used, or java property to be set?

What do you think about having time dimension names behave the same way
across multiple datasets?
As an instance, by reserving suffixes in relation to the type of time...
Don't know... something like "time" for simple time values, "time1"/"time2"
for hourly maximum, accumulations, ...

I'm wondering if the way suffixes are added ("1","2") simply depends on the
scan order or there is a specification which mandates this numbering order
which I'm unaware of.
Please. let me know.

Best Regards,
Daniele

--
==
==

Ing. Daniele Romagnoli
Senior Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

*AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003*

nel/i file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il
loro utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio,
per le finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo
messaggio senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di
darcene notizia via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio
stesso, cancellandolo dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso,
divulgarlo anche in parte, distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od
utilizzarlo per finalità diverse, costituisce comportamento contrario ai
principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act
(Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection
Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is
strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the
information in this message that has been received in error. The sender
does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or
completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes
made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.