Re: [netcdf-java] A list of HDF5 filters supported by netcdf-java dataset reader?

  • To: "H. Joe Lee" <hyoklee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] A list of HDF5 filters supported by netcdf-java dataset reader?
  • From: Christian Ward-Garrison <cwardgar@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 18:52:14 -0600
Hello H. Joe Lee,

I am not the original author of the HDF5 Java code, but looking at [1] and
[2], it's pretty clear that netcdf-java only supports gzip, shuffle, and
fletcher32. It seems like there were also plans for "szip", "nbit", and
"scaleoffset", but that functionality hasn't been implemented.

Cheers,
Christian

[1]
https://github.com/Unidata/thredds/blob/v4.6.1/cdm/src/main/java/ucar/nc2/iosp/hdf5/H5header.java#L3632