Re: [netcdf-java] GRIB bug report

So looking at this one:

href.t06z.sprd.f36.grib2

RefTime       = 2015-05-20T06:00:00Z

PDS byte
                                        value

   7:                                                       Year of end of
overall time interval == 2015
 39:                                                      Month of end of
overall time interval == 5
 40:                                                        Day of end of
overall time interval == 20
 41:                                                       Hour of end of
overall time interval == 42
 42:                                                     Minute of end of
overall time interval == 0
 43:                                                     Second of end of
overall time interval == 0

its seems clear that they just added the forecast hour to the hour of the
run (i was wondering if they just set the field to the forecasst hour)

so it seems ok to change the code to do:

if (hour > 23) {
  day += (hour/24);
  hour = hour % 24;
}

so im adding that to 4.6.2. However, im skeptical this is the way things
should be encoded, and you might want to notify the producer in case they
want to fix it. Its from NCEP:

Grib2IdentificationSection
 Center        = (7) US National Weather Service, National Centres for
Environmental Prediction (NCEP)
 SubCenter     = (2) NCEP Ensemble Products
 Master Table  = 0
 Local Table   = 1
 RefTimeSignif = 1 (Start of forecast)
 RefTime       = 2015-05-20T06:00:00Z
 RefTime Fields = 2015-5-20 6:0:0
 ProductionStatus      = 0 (Operational products)
 TypeOfProcessedData   = 1 (Forecast products)

John