Re: [netcdf-java] [netcdfgroup] Which mime-types for NetCDF3 and NetCDF-4C?

  • To: "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <chris.a.mattmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdf-java] [netcdfgroup] Which mime-types for NetCDF3 and NetCDF-4C?
  • From: Christian Ward-Garrison <cwardgar@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 15:55:27 -0700
Hi Daniele,

THREDDS defines two mime-types for NetCDF:
NetCDF3: "application/x-netcdf"
NetCDF4: "application/x-netcdf4"

I can confirm that the HTTPServer service will return the
"application/x-netcdf4" mime-type if the underlying file is NetCDF 4. Also,
the NetcdfSubset service will return the "application/x-netcdf4" mime-type
if the "netcdf4" output format is selected.

Cheers,
Christian