Re: [netcdf-java] Problem reading HDF files

Hi,

So in discussions with John Caron, the change of spaces to underscores is
intentional. From our perspective, supporting spaces for identifiers for
the CDM was just too much trouble for too little gain, so in mapping the
HDF5 data model to the CDM, spaces get converted.

One solution (as I suggested earlier) is to convert all spaces in the hard
coded paths you're using to underscores. The other is to walk the groups in
the file to find the actual group name from the HDF5 file.

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Software Engineer