[netcdf-java] Deprecated class/method (FileWriter.writeToFile()), any guidance as to what else I should use?

  • To: Java NetCDF <netcdf-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [netcdf-java] Deprecated class/method (FileWriter.writeToFile()), any guidance as to what else I should use?
  • From: James Adams - NOAA Affiliate <james.adams@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:57:59 -0400
The method FileWriter.writeToFile(NetcdfFile,
​ ​
String
​,​
boolean)
​ is marked as deprecated in the JavaDoc,​ and shows as such in Eclipse.
 I'd like to use an appropriate/non-deprecated method for this, but the
JavaDoc gives no guidance as to what that might be.  My use case is that I
have a NetcdfDataset that I want to write to file.

Can anyone advise?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

--James