Re: [netcdf-java] Parsing GRIB2 files from NOAA

Hi Alejandro :

well, thats complicated. the short answer is that we map collections of GRIB
records to netcdf multidimensional arrays.

you could read this as background:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/developer/en/entry/dataset_schemas_are_lost_in

you can use lower level GRIB APIs, but we dont support or document them, and
you would have to read code to understand how to use them.

download ToolsUI and use it to read your GRIB file so you get a sense of it:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/v4.4/netcdf-java/documentation.htm

Open in the Viewer tab; also open in IOSP/GRIB1(2)//GRIB1(2)Collection which
shows you the underlying GRIB recordss.

John