Re: [netcdf-java] UCAR Units package standalone in Maven

Hi Matt,

> We would like to use a standalone ucar.units and would prefer to use a
> package maintained by Unidata than an unsanctioned clone (e.g.
> https://github.com/ctrueden/ucar-units).

But my unsanctioned clone is so cute and cuddly! :-)

Actually, Unidata split it out into its own artifact, and published it to
their Maven repo:

https://artifacts.unidata.ucar.edu/content/repositories/unidata-releases/edu/ucar/udunits/

We are using it in ImgLib2 [1] and it works very well!

It would be nice if some day these artifacts found their way into Central,
though... otherwise we will have to upload them to Central ourselves when
we finally release ImageJ 2.0.0.

Regards,
Curtis

P.S. I added a README to my project fork clarifying its obsoleteness.

[1]
https://github.com/imagej/imglib/blob/imglib2-2.0.0-beta-22/meta/pom.xml#L29
https://github.com/imagej/imglib/blob/imglib2-2.0.0-beta-22/meta/src/main/java/net/imglib2/meta/units/DefaultUnitService.java#L127