[netcdf-java] Inverted vertical axis change in 4.3?

I've been using Netcdf Java 4.2 to read GRIB files for a number of years.  I'm
excited to try 4.3.  One observation when making the switch is that inverted
vertical axes (e.g. Sigma coordinate systems) seem to have switched natural z
ordering in 4.3.

Example, with a sigma coordinate system where positive is down, in 4.2 z index
29 would provide the lowest layer value.  Now it appears that index 0 provides
the lowest layer value.

float sigma(sigma=30);

  :units = "sigma";

  :long_name = "Sigma level";

  :positive = "down";

  :Grib1_level_code = 107; // int

  :_CoordinateAxisType = "GeoZ";

  :_CoordinateZisPositive = "down";

getCoordinateValue(0) returns 10

getCoordinateValue(29) returns 31050

Similarly, an altitude about MSL layer type with positive="up" returns the
highest layer value for index 0 and the lowest for index 29.

float altitude_above_msl(altitude_above_msl=30);

  :units = "m";

  :long_name = "Altitude above mean sea level";

  :positive = "up";

  :Grib1_level_code = 103; // int

  :datum = "mean sea level";

  :_CoordinateAxisType = "Height";

  :_CoordinateZisPositive = "up";

getCoordinateValue(0) returns 31050

getCoordinateValue(29) returns 10

I don't mind adapting to the change if its intentional, but the behavior runs
counter to my intuition regarding positive="up" or "down."  Does anyone know
anything about this change?

--
Ian Will
Computer Scientist