[netcdf-java] GRIB 2 Tables

I have a question about the new GRIB2 handling. I'm trying to get the
latest Java NetCDF package to handle some NCAR GRIB data using the NCEP
tables that you have defined. Looking at the resource bundle you have for
grib2 I decided that all I needed to do was add the following to the
standardTableMap.txt file:

#
# center 60 (NCAR) use ncep tables
60;    -1; -1;    NcepLocalTables.class

But, for some reason this seems insufficient as it still gives the variable
names as

VAR0-19-234_FROM_60-0-0_altitude_above_msl_probability_below_0

or variations on using a string made up of the encoded values.

Am I on the right track or is there something missing here?
--
Paul Hamer

NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory (ESRL)
Global Systems Division (GSD)
325 Broadway R/GS5
Boulder, CO 80305-3328

phone : 303.497.6342