Re: [netcdf-java] ToolsUI-4.3 fails on start-up

On 3/6/2012 8:12 AM, Ellyn Montgomery wrote:
Good morning-

I have ToolsUI-4.2 running on my Ubuntu machine. Invoking like this works fine: /usr/local/java/jdk1.6.0_25/bin/java -Xmx512m -jar /usr/local/java/jar/toolsUI-4.2.jar

I wanted to try the new features with Discrete Samples so downloaded ToolsUI-4.3. Unfortunately, when I invoke as I do for 4.2, I get the splash page with the ring, but then a bunch of errors pointing to something to do with parsing mbeans... The mail archives show my problem matches the one Antonio reported a couple of weeks ago. I get the same errors using jdk1.6.0_25 and jdk1.7.0_03. Do you have a guesstimate of when there might be a fix?

Many Thanks- Ellyn

Hi Ellyn:

Yes, this a problem with the all-in-one-jar toolsUI-4.3.jar . The seperate jars on the classpath works, or you can use webstart:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/v4.3/webstart/netCDFtools.jnlp

We will have a fix for this in the next release. Thanks for reporting the problem.

John