Dear netcdf-java developers,
On behalf of the debian med team, I am trying to package netcdf-java
within debian to allow easy installation of netcdf-java. The code is
pretty straightforward to compile and install.
However upon inspection of the netcdf-java 4.3 release, we have found
some issues with the licensing terms. In particular:
* Copyright (c) 1998 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
* This software is the confidential and proprietary information of Sun
* Microsystems, Inc. ("Confidential Information"). You shall not
* disclose such Confidential Information and shall use it only in
* accordance with the terms of the license agreement you entered into
* with Sun.
* SUN MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE
* SOFTWARE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
* PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SUN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES
* SUFFERED BY LICENSEE AS A RESULT OF USING, MODIFYING OR DISTRIBUTING
* THIS SOFTWARE OR ITS DERIVATIVES.
I was not able to find those 'terms of license agreement' within the
netcdf-java package. So could someone please point me to those 'terms
of license agreement' ?
Thanks & regards,