Re: [netcdf-java] NetCDF subset services

On 9/28/2011 11:53 PM, H Wang wrote:
Dear Caron,
I'm using NetCDF subset services for HYCOM data. http://ncss.hycom.org/thredds/ncss/grid/GLBa0.08/expt_90.9/2011/dataset.html I just wonder if this subsetting process can be made automatic using a script or the like. Also, the NetCDF I get can not be opened by GrADS, though it can be opened by IDV.
The error msg says
"gadsf: SDF file has no discernable X coordinate."
Thanks!
/Best Regards,/
/Michael Hong Wang/
/Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. /
/Aim at earth and you get neither..........C.S. Lewis/
Its a REST service interface you can access from a program, see:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/interfaceSpec/NetcdfSubsetService.html