Re: [netcdf-java] NetCDF-4 / HDF5 Write Capability

Hi Chris,

We've developed low level access to NetCDF-4/HDF5 using the JNA and the
NetCDF-4 4.1.3 C library.  We'd be happy to share this with you but i'll warn
you that it's a very light wrapper on top of the C library and doesn't leverage
any of the NetCDF-Java API for writing.  The files can be read in NetCDF-Java
with some caveats if you are using NetCDF-4 compound data types.

We're also looking at streaming data out (appending) and have settled on a
discrete sampling geometry format that should let us write station time series
data with time as the outer dimension using ragged-indexed arrays and NetCDF-4
compound data types (structures) with some storage overhead.

If you interested in our code let us know.

Tom