[netcdf-java] an error NetcdfFileWriteable.openExisting, what could cause it?

My Java code, using ncCore4.1.jar, opens a NetCDF file:

        NetcdfFileWriteable netcdfFile;
        try
        {
            netcdfFile = NetcdfFileWriteable.openExisting(netcdfFileName);
        }
        catch(final IOException e)
        {
throw new IOException(netcdfFileName + " was not found or is not a valid netcdf file.");
        }

Most of time it is working. However, occasionally, I got this error:
*java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: ucar.nc2.NetcdfFileWriteable.openExisting(Ljava/lang/String;)Lucar/nc2/NetcdfFileWriteable; version: 2011.01, build: 31117 Jun30, type: stable, jre: 1.6.0_25, *

Since the error occurs once in a while, which makes my debug very hard, I am asking if anybody knows the cause of it.

Thank you very much.

Best,
Xiaoshen