the question I have is whether you have a dataset where theres any noticeable difference between earth radius 6371.229km and 6367.47km ?

thanks for contributing your fix.

John

On 6/10/2011 10:56 AM, Mittler, Nathan wrote:

Hi John,

It's been a couple of days, so I figured I should repost .... Any idea when the next release of netcdf-java will be? And whether or not my changes can make it in?

Also, I was wondering if we could add a getEarthRadius() method to the LambertConformal projection?

Thanks,

Nate

*From:*Mittler, Nathan
*Sent:* Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:06 AM
*To:* 'John Caron'; netcdf-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:* RE: [netcdf-java] Bug/fix for processing grib v1 with proper earth radius.

Hi John,

Glad I could help! I'm not quite sure I understand your question ... are you asking whether these changes would somehow affect projections that use the standard Earth radius? I don't have a test dataset that uses the standard radius at the moment, but I would assume there would be no issue.

Also, do you have a feel for when the next release of netcdf-java will be? And whether or not these changes could make it in?

Thanks,

Nate