Re: [netcdf-java] announce Netcdf-Java/CDM version 4.2 stable release

Hello all

For Maven users who may be interrested, we deployed NetCDF 4.2 stable release on our Maven repository. It is available using the following configuration in your project pom.xml file:

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>edu.ucar</groupId>
      <artifactId>netcdf</artifactId>
      <version>4.2</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>geotoolkit</id>
      <name>Geotoolkit repository</name>
      <url>http://maven.geotoolkit.org</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

We use the "edu.ucar" <groupId> for historical raisons, but I think that it is also the common practice. There is many public repositories around with groupId like "com.oracle" or "javax.media", despite not being pushed by Oracle or Sun. We are not pushing our own products in the "edu.ucar" namespace; we are copying the UCAR NetCDF JAR with absolutly no change. The common practice seems to be to use the package name as <groupId>. However if this is an issue, and can change it.

The NetCDF artifactID declares the following dependencies (see http://maven.geotoolkit.org/edu/ucar/netcdf/4.2/netcdf-4.2.pom for details):

 - unidatacommon
 - bufrTables
 - opendap
 - jdom
 - commons-httpclient
 - commons-codec
 - commons-logging
 - slf4j-api
 - slf4j-jdk14

The following dependencies are not declared since they are optional, but are available on various maven repositories:

 - ehcache (available on standard Maven repository)
 - visadNoDods (avaialble on http://maven.geotoolkit.org repository)

        Regards,

                Martin