[netcdf-java] Open subclassed RandomAccessFile through N3iosp

I've built a drop-in replacement for RandomAccessFile used to interface with an
alternative data source, similar to HTTPRandomAccessFile or
InMemoryRandomAccessFile. While the NetcdFile class implementation uses
specific URI prefixes (e.g. http) to select from the additional
implementations, I'd like to avoid modifying source to use my access method.

The open() method of IOServiceProvider appears to allow a specific
RandomAccessFile to be used, but also requires an empty NetcdfFile object
(whose empty constructor is protected), while the NetcdfFile constructor that
takes a RandomAccessFile is also protected, and requires a specific IOSP to be
to be specified.

Are there any solutions to this problem, or might it be simpler to just modify
NetcdfFile.open?

Thanks,
Noah