Re: [netcdf-java] Problem opening TimeSeries with NetCDF ToolsUI

On 10/20/2010 12:44 AM, Kristian Sebastián wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to save data from Mooring buoy (Time series) which have installed
sensors with different sampling intervals. So, I have defined two time
coordinates time1 and time2 and three variables, two with time1 coordinate
(temp, temp3) and the other with time2 coordinate (temp2).

The NetCDF is compliant with "/Proposed/ CF Discrete Sampling Conventions
<http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/wiki/PointObservationConventions>" section 9.3.4 and CF-1.4 (except the
variable station_name with standard_name station_id). When I open it with the toolsUI as STATION feature type,
selecting the "FeatureTypes" and "PointFeature" tab, it only displays:

    * The coordinate time1 (attached file PointFeatureData.png)
    * The variables with time1 as coordinate system; temp and temp3 (attached
file PointFeatureData.png)

But, if the variable name of the time coordinate doesn't contain the string "time", it
can't open the file and launch a window with the title "Mensaje" but without message
(attached file Message.png).

It is fitting to say that, in the "CoordSys" tab, displays the coordinates
variables correctly (attached file CoordSys.png)

I don't know if it's necessary to add some attributes to the NetCDF file or is
a limitation of the NetCDF-Java library.

I have attached the example netcdf and cdl file.

Thanks

--

Kristian Sebastián Blalid
Tlf: 971439860