Re: [netcdf-java] [netcdfgroup] NetCDF jars=>Maven Central Repos?

Hi all,

yes, we have published on our Nexus repository manager some distributions of
netcdf-java, that we use in a few of our projects.
Feel free to check our POMs:

http://ulisse.pin.unifi.it:8081/nexus/index.html#nexus-search;quick~netcdf

We mangled the groupID as part of our internal policy for naming: we don't use
(derivation of) domain names (e.g. ucar.edu) unless we own them.

Regards,
  LB

Il giorno 27/apr/2010, alle ore 22.27, Martin Desruisseaux ha scritto:

> Hello all
>
> In case it may be of any use, we are deploying the NetCDF libraries on this
> Maven repository:
>
>    http://maven.geotoolkit.org/edu/ucar/
>
> The pom.xml files should already have the dependencies defined as accuratly
> as I can, and also contains metadata like the declaration of MIT license, the
> links to UNIDATA web site and to the mailing list. So if there us a volunter
> for uploading those artefact to the central Maven repository, just copying
> the pom.xml with minor editions would hopefully be okay.
>
>    http://maven.geotoolkit.org/edu/ucar/netcdf/4.1/netcdf-4.1.pom
>
> I'm aware that the University of Florence also deploy the NetCDF libraries,
> but they use a different groupID ("essi-unidata") and artifactID. The
> GeoTools project used the "edu.ucar" groupID and "netcdf" artifactID since
> NetCDF 2.2.20, and it seems to me that "edu.ucar" is closer to the common
> practice (groupID are often similar to the package names), so I continued on
> that path for the GeoToolkit project.
>
> The above Maven repository does not provide the grib.jar file, because it
> depends on jpeg2000.jar and it was not clear to me if the jpeg2000 licence
> allowed me to distribute it. So I leaved it out for now...
>
> I can can volonter for updating the pom.xml files for future 4.x versions of
> the NetCDF library, but we would probably need someone else with credential
> for uploading to the central repo.
>
>       Regards,
>
>               Martin

---
Dott. Lorenzo Bigagli
Istituto di Metodologie per l'Analisi Ambientale
 del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (IMAA-CNR)

i: Area della Ricerca di Potenza, Contrada Santa Loja
   Zona Industriale, 85050 Tito Scalo (PZ), Italia
t: +39 0971 427221
f: +39 0971 427222
m: bigagli@xxxxxxxxxxx