Re: [netcdf-java] ncWMS and ellipsoid-support in CF-1.2

well, that sounds like another good reason to make the geotoolkit library
optional, assuming we get it to hook up.

andrea antonello wrote:
Hi all,
I am not sure if this is something feasible or not, but, even if I
have great respect for Martin (hi Martin) and the geotoolkit project,
I would hope in something slightly different (even if I still do not
know what...).

I for example am using geotools and netcdf (geotools preocesses them
also) a lot for modeling in JGrass. I do not care that much about
people prefering one or the other project (that's life in forks and is
ok to me), but I really would not like be penalized to be using
geotools over geotoolkit. If this should happen I can't imagine how
many problems might rise for me (me==geotools user that need netcdf)
since the coexistence of the two fork-libs is not well feasible.

Does that make some sense? I would love to hear comments on that.

Best regards,
Andrea

Just to add my $0.02 - I think it would be great if NetCDF-Java could use
Geotoolkit (which I prefer to GeoTools) to handle
projections, ellipsoids etc.  The CF projections are (I think) a small subset
of the projections that Gtk can handle so hopefully
this might not be too much work.  I could probably help if required.

(perhaps the weight of the dependency could be reduced by stripping out the
stuff that isn't necessary for nj4?  Might require a
special build?)

Cheers, Jon