Re: [netcdf-java] Can TypedDatasetFactory.open(NetcdfDataset) throw an IOException?

Hi Jon,

The NetcdfDataset is already open which means metadata and possibly some
of the data have been read from the backing dataset (depending on the
enhance mode of the NetcdfDataset). To create a TypedDataset, more data
may have to be read from the backing dataset. For instance, if the
NetcdfDataset enhance mode did not include building the coordinate systems.

Ethan