[netcdf-java] Reading attributes with unsigned data types

Hello,

I am trying to use NetCDF Java 4.1 to read HDF5 files that contain
datasets and attributes of type unsigned short.  I am able to read the
datasets correctly; when Array.isUnsigned() returns true, I widen each
element to an int to retain the correct value.  However, it seems that
there is no way to determine whether or not an attribute value is
unsigned once it is read, as the returned Array's unsigned field does
not get set to "true" for unsigned attribute values.

Is there a way to find out if an attribute value is unsigned in NetCDF
Java?

Thanks for your time!

-Allen