Re: [netcdf-java] GRIB file in VerticalPerspectiveView projection has NaN Bounding Box

Hi Jon-

Jon Blower wrote:
Thanks Don, that's very helpful. I guess as a workaround I could just
set the bbox to [-180,-90,180,90] for a VerticalPerspectiveView?  It's
only a hint to a Web Map Service, so it won't affect any calculations.

You could have a VerticalPerspective projection and only be showing a piece of the image and in that case the lat/lon box would be defined (e.g. a blowup of the grib file over Africa). So, if the rectangle has any missing values, maybe default to that.

I've attached an image from the IDV of the file you sent. It shows why you have NaNs (box defines the projection) and some of the issues with the projection (map doesn't line up with features exactly).

Don