Re: [netcdf-java] Empty Variables

The Variable in question right now is my "time" coordinate variable with unlimited dimension. Would "time" as a Sequence play nicely in that context? I suppose the "right" thing to do would be to step back and make a Sequence with time as a member.

It still seems that it would make sense to "section" a Variable with an EMPTY Range. Does that break fundamental assumptions to have a zero-length Variable? Where is Range.EMPTY used?

Thanks,
Doug

john caron wrote:
Its possible you want a Sequence, which is allowed to be empty.

Doug Lindholm wrote:
Hi,

I was pleased to discover Range.EMPTY, but disappointed that Variable and Array's "section" methods don't play nicely with it.

My use case involves applying a constraint to the data (e.g. time < 10) which may result in zero samples. "null" isn't a good option, because I still want to be able to access a Variable's metadata.

Any suggestions for making a Variable empty?

Thanks,
Doug