[netcdf-java] announce netCDF-java 4.1 release candidate (requires Java 1.6)

Version 4.1 of the netCDF-Java library is close to release. We would appreciate
any intrepid programmers to try it out and give us feedback.

It is available at

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/

under the "Development version 4.1" downloads.

Version 4.1 has the usual set of bug fixes and new features. It requires Java 1.6, which is why the version number is incrementing. Version 4.0 is mostly "bug fixes only", although we are adding new features to both versions as needed.
The bottom line is that you will need to use Java 1.6 in the near future to
take advantage of the latest netCDF-Java library.

Please report problems, bugs and suggested improvements to
netcdf-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thanks!