Re: [netcdf-java] Converting Lat, Lon pair into a specific Coordinate System

Hi Chad,

In ncWMS (http://ncwms.sf.net) we use the GeoTools library to perform
conversions from lots of different coordinate systems to WGS84
lat-lon.  Java-NetCDF can do this for a limited number of coordinate
systems but the GeoTools database is much bigger.

The following class in ncWMS might be of use to you:
http://www.resc.rdg.ac.uk/trac/ncWMS/browser/trunk/src/java/uk/ac/rdg/resc/ncwms/datareader/CrsHelper.java

Hope this helps,
Jon

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Chad Saxon<usmgoldeneagle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have some data which is not in a WGS-84 projection and i need it to be
> that to match a map that i am viewing that is in the WGS-84 Ellipsoidal
> projection.
>
> Is there an easy way to read non-WGS84 lat, lon pairs from a netcdf file and
> convert them on the fly to a WGS-84 lat,lon pair??
>
> thanks!
>
> Chad

Dr Jon Blower
Technical Director, Reading e-Science Centre
Environmental Systems Science Centre
University of Reading
Harry Pitt Building, 3 Earley Gate
Reading RG6 6AL. UK