Re: [netcdf-java] issue with reading netCDF files

Esmaeilzadeh, Ehsan wrote:
Hello Mr. John Caron,

I am trying to use the java to read a nteCDF weather data, but I am not sure where to start and how to proceed. I see you have a list of libraries here, I guess I can choose the second one which has all the libraries in it. So what is next ? after I downloaded the jar file, where exactly should I copy that too ? How would I open the file then ? sorry I am not really familiar with java, and would appreciate it if you walk me through this, thank you.

Ehsan

Hi Ehsan:

Why dont you use the ToolsUI GUI program, or the IDV, to open your files:

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/v4.0/webstart/netCDFtools.jnlp
 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/webstart/IDV/index.html

Unless you are a Java programmer, the library itself wont be much use to you.

Also, you should ask your questions to the netcdf-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx public
mailgroup, or to support-netcdf-java@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.