[netcdf-java] CDM questions

Hi,

One question and one request.

Question: The Netcdf Java library home page indicates support for a bunch of data formats. However, it's not always clear which of the formats refer to files and which refer to client server protocols. Does anybody know which of the below are programs and which are client-server? * <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/gempak/>GEMPAK gridded data (as of version 2.23)
   * <http://dss.ucar.edu/docs/formats/bufr/>BUFR (ongoing work on tables)
* <http://edc.usgs.gov/products/elevation/gtopo30/gtopo30.html>GTOPO 30-sec elevation dataset (USGS) * <ftp://ftp.sigmet.com/outgoing/manuals/program/cuf.pdf>Universal Radar Format * <http://www.uspln.com/>USPLN and <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/lightning.html>NLDN lightning data Request: I need some valid OpenDAL URL's to validate the correctness of a program I've written using the NetCDF Java library. Can anybody supply a few? Literal strings would be preferred to general instructions on using THREDDS to find some. The examples I've found in OpenDAP guides tend to be old enough that the links don't appear to be valid.

Eric.

Eric Davies, M.Sc.
Barrodale Computing Services Ltd.
Tel: (250) 472-4372 Fax: (250) 472-4373