[netcdf-java] Your netcdf question.

Kevin,

The following is what I've dug out of Chuck Denham's toolbox that we have used
here in BODC for many years. Namely

result = result .* theScalefactor + theAddoffset;

in retrieving the data from a variable. If the variable doesn't have the
attribute scale_factor then it will be taken as 1. Similar sentiments apply to
theAddoffset
which will be zero unless given explicitly. If you use the toolbox it'll do it
for you with the auto-scaling option (help netcdf reveals all!)

Steve Loch
BODC