[netcdf-java] [Fwd: netcdf question]

Hi kevin: im forwarding to netcdf-java email group, in case someone has a good answer for you.

you can subscribe at

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/
--- Begin Message ---
Dear Dr. Caron,

My name is Kevin Fingerman and I'm a Ph.D. student at UC Berkeley.
I've just started working with netcdf data in matlab and am coming up
against what I think should be a rather simple (though to me rather
vexing) problem. My problem is that matlab has no nc.dump function
with which to read headers and metadata. I have no idea as yet what
the scalars and offsets are and so cannot test my methods using these
data. Any recs on how to do this? I'm working on getting CSIRO running
on my machine, but in the meantime I wanted to take a small sample set
of points to run some calcs in excel to get a sense of what I'm
looking at. I've extracted the points and am ready to crunch the
numbers but as I explained I don't know what they mean. How this
scaling is done (is it some constant scaler and offset for each
database)? Do you know anyone who would know what those scalars are?

Thanks for your time,
-kevin

--
Kevin Fingerman