[netcdf-java] log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger

Greetings,

Newbie here. I'm just trying to read a netcdfFile using the simple Pres_temp_4D_rd.java example provided elsewhere. Program compiles fine, and runs, but with the warning messages:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile).

I'm running on Mac OSX 10.5, toolsUI-2.2.22.jar is in my classpath, using Java 1.5.

As this is a very simple Java application, I do not want to enable logging (except for the normal stdout messages from java). How do I turn it off?

Is there a simple log4j.properties file to use? I should mention that with mysql and Tomcat in my classpath, I suspect it is trying to find the properties file there.

Dave Bouwer
Chief Engineer, SpaceWx division, Space Environment Technologies
dbouwer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.spacewx.com