Re: [netcdf-java] [netcdfgroup] How to convert NetCDF data to T, Z, Y, X data

It isn't a java solution but ncpdq which is part of
the nco package can do this easily.

Daniele Romagnoli wrote:
Hi list,
first of all, sorry for cross-posting.

I have some NetCDF data containing 4D variables having dimensions ordered as Time, Lat, Lon, Level. I would like to "simply" re-arrange data to become having dimensions ordered as Time, Level, Lat, Lon, as recommended (although not required) by CF-Convention.
Is there an easy way to achieve this? (I'm using net-cdf java 2.2 APIs)

Basically I have a "test.nc <http://test.nc>" file with attributes/variables/dimensions/more... and I would like to get a "modified.nc <http://modified.nc>" file where the "only difference" is having variables with differently ordered dimensions (and data array respecting the new order).

Any suggestion or guidance line would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Daniele

Eng. Daniele Romagnoli
Software Engineer