jar bundling query

Hi all,

I note that the netcdf-java web page states that 'The minimal library just
reads netcdf-3 files'.

Yet if I download the referenced jar, currently ncCore-2.1.18.jar, the ucar.nc2.NetcdfFile class references a class org.slf4j.LoggerFactory in its static initializer. Yet that class is not in the jar. So I am a little perplexed at the claim that this jar is sufficient to 'just read Netcdf 3 files'.

I note also that the file netcdf-2.2.18.jar also does not contain the org.slf4j
packages.

So I guess my bigger question is, what are the reasons for the various
different jars on the distribution web site?

Any clarifications appreciated

Stuart Maclean